The Clean Energy Association of BC focuses on two things:
- We are the voice of Clean Energy Producers in BC.
- We provide members with information services and networking opportunities.
Who Should Join?
Companies and organizations involved in or interested in the development, construction and/or operation of Clean Energy plants in BC.
Join the more than 350 members that include:
- Clean Energy Development companies that are developing; run-of-river hydro, wind, biomass, biogas, gas, solar, tidal, wave, and geothermal projects.
- Companies that provide Technical Services to Clean Energy Developers including; engineers, environmental consultants, turbine suppliers, equipment vendors, material suppliers, general contractors, and specialty sub-contractors.
- Companies that provide Commercial Services to Clean Energy Developers including; lawyers, debt financiers, equity investors, public/government relations firms, management consultants, accountants, insurance and bonding companies.
- Individual members that are independent consultants, unionized workers, co-op employees, and students.
Benefits of Joining
Clean Energy BC Members also enjoy the following substantial Event Discounts:
- Clean Energy BC members save ~30% on registration at Clean Energy BC events.
- When other conference organizers invite the Clean Energy BC Vice-President or Directors to speak, the Clean Energy Association of BC offers to assist on promoting their conference and waives speaking fees in return for getting a ~20% discount for Clean Energy BC members at these others' events.
With all those event discounts, Clean Energy BC members that attend 3 conferences a year can often recover their entire annual Clean Energy BC membership fee.
Power Generation Technologies represented by Clean Energy BC members:
- Combined cycle
- District Heating and Cooling
- Distributed Generation
- Energy Recovery
- Wind Energy
- Small Hydro
- Solar power
- Tidal power
Clean Energy BC members include:
- Power Marketers
- Equipment suppliers
- Local Distribution Companies
- Fuel suppliers
- Environmental consultants
- Service providers
Clean Energy Developers are independent from government and are power producers rather than self-generators that produce electricity largely for their own consumption rather than for the grid.