|Open Call for Board of Directors Nominations AGM 2012 - June 11th 2012
Dear Clean Energy BC Members:
Please review the Open Call for Nominations letter below, (link to letter here
) and help shape the structure of your Association's Board of Directors at the June 11th
AGM. We need your valued nominations in by the close of business May 9th 2012.
Nominations should be sent to Chair of Governance and Nominations Committee, Caroline Findlay at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions welcomed by Clean Energy BC at 604.568.4778.
OPEN CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
For the Clean Energy BC Board of Directors
April 3rd to May 9th 2012
AGM Meeting Date
Monay, June 11th, 2012
The Governance and Nominations Committee is seeking nominations for three (3) positions on the Clean Energy BC’s Board of Directors.
The current Board of Directors roster is as follows:
- Mike Wise, Engineering Consultant (STANDING for re-election as 3 year term ends June 2012)
- Craig Aspinall, Craig Aspinall & Associates (STANDING for re-election as 3 year term ends June 2012)
- Caroline Findlay, Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP: (NOT STANDING for re-election as 3 year term ends June 2012)
- Donald McInnes, Alterra Power Corporation
- Peter Leighton, Finavera Wind Energy
- Jim Oosterbaan, Capital Power Corporation
- Steve Davis, Steve Davis and Associates
- Charles Bois, Miller Thomson LLP
- Murray Margolis, Morgan Stanley
- Resja Campfens, Sea Breeze Power Group
- Judith Sayers, Sayers Strategic Advice
- Nominations should be sent to Chair of Governance and Nominations Committee, Caroline Findlay at: email@example.com
- The right to make a nomination is only open to members of Clean Energy BC in good standing. Each nomination received must be seconded by five (5) Association members in good standing. Current Board members cannot nominate nor second a nomination.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the Governance and Nominations Committee (Caroline Findlay, Steve Davis, Jim Oosterbaan, ) as well as one or two Clean Energy BC members at large.
- The Governance and Nominations Committee will review all eligible nominations against selection criteria and put a maximum of five (5) candidates to the general membership, along with a short bio and form for proxy voting no less than 15 days prior to this year’s Annual General Meeting.
- In relation to current Board members, a reasonable mix of large and small developers;
- In relation to current board members, a reasonable mix of fuel types;
- Senior or executive representation of their company, and;
- Financing, project and/or operational experience.
- The Governance and Nominations Committee reserves the right to put forward a slate if not enough eligible nominees are put forward.
- The General membership votes for individual candidates at the AGM or by mail in proxy ballot that must be postmarked no later than Monday June 4th 2012.
- There will be no nominations from the floor based on a review of the by-laws and out of fairness measures to proxy voting members.
We encourage you to attend the AGM on June 11th
2012. As mentioned in the above process, there will be another General Membership circular 30 days before the AGM.
If you have any questions regarding the process or timing, please do not hesitate to contact us directly (Caroline Findlay 604.631.3333; Paul Kariya Cell 604.818.1827; Loch McJannett Cell 604.315.1530)