Wind Committee Mandate
As the Operational Committee that oversees the key issues and processes in relation to the wind industry in British Columbia, it is imperative for the Wind Committee to have a defined mandate for success.
The 2014 three-year Strategic Plan for the Clean Energy Association of British Columbia (CEBC) outlines its vision, mission and values with three clear goals for the Association: grow the sector, grow the association, and gain and maintain social license for the sector. All work undertaken by Wind Committee must reflect these three fundamental goals.
1. Grow the Sector:
- Maintain focus on securing a RFP process to meet the growing power needs in British Columbia.
- Work collaboratively, for the benefit of the sector, with government and BC Hydro to ensure future power needs are met with clean renewable energy – delivered with social license at the lowest-cost.
- Cooperate to overcome issues which inhibit our collective ability to obtain a path to power procurement.
- Continue to support operational projects, recognizing that future development opportunities will be enhanced by the success of existing facilities.
2. Grow the Association:
- When issues which may impact our success are identified, act as a cohesive industry to facilitate issue resolution.
- Work with the other Operational Committees as needed when issues affect other fuel types.
- Work in partnership with CanWea to enhance the nationwide response to initiatives and/or development challenges.
3. Grow Social License
- Recognize sustainable growth of wind power in British Columbia requires responsible, robust permitting and prudent development.
- Ensure government and First Nations understand our industry is capable of delivering lowest-cost renewable power to meet the long-term needs of British Columbians, as such we should advocate to “raise the bar” on future procurement in an effort to mitigate risk and avoid attrition.
- Ensure success stories of the industry are shared with government, First Nations, and other stakeholders to further future development of the sector
Wind Committee meets on the first Thursday of every other month from 10:30am-11:45am at 451 – 409 Granville Street.
All members are welcome and encouraged to attend. Wind Committee Chair is Kim Milligan. For further information on Wind Committee, please email Bryan MacLeod at email@example.com.