This brief examines the BC government’s claim that 100,000 jobs will be created from liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects in this province. We find that this claim is not credible and that potential employment impacts have been grossly overstated.
LNG and Employment in BC
- Continuing the Trend: New Wind Power Contracts Set Record Low PriceDecember 19, 2018
- Electrification of British Columbia White Paper October 2018October 4, 2018
- Energy Projects, Social Licence, Public Acceptance and Regulatory Systems in Canada: A White PaperMay 31, 2016
- News Release: Clean Energy Companies Power British Columbia’s Green EconomyApril 14, 2016
- B.C. First Nations Clean Energy ToolkitApril 8, 2016